**The forecast below has been updated and is no longer active. Please click here for the latest weather conditions.
(WJW) — Widespread rain continues in Northeast Ohio.
If you are traveling today, watch for ponding! It could rake in more than a half inch of rain in some areas.
Also: two hands on the wheel! Winds gusting near 40 MPH at times. This will be the case throughout the day. Once the front moves through winds will decrease, but so will our temperatures.
We will see slight improvements Tuesday night into Wednesday with a few lingering sprinkles. Drier Thursday if you are visiting friends or family for Thanksgiving.
Colder Wednesday into Thanksgiving Day. Notice that the cold occurs in 2-day phases with brief breaks. Longer stretch of COLD next week.
Here are the forecast bullet points:
- All-day rain on Tuesday
- Briefly Colder Wednesday, not as cold Thanksgiving Day
- Dry Thursday through Saturday
- Another round of colder air (30s) early next week
- Rain/snow mix possible early next as cold looks deeper
- Active pattern (SW to NE storm track) as outlined two weeks ago will continue through the first 2 weeks of December
Here is the 8-day forecast:
Stay with Fox8.com for the latest weather updates.