- 2 slabs of St. Louis style ribs, already trimmed (you can go with baby back if you like, but I like the meatiness of the St. Louis style)
- 2 cans pineapple chunks
- 1 bottle of Three Little Pigs BBQ rub(Memphis Style) or 1 bottle your favorite barbecue rub
and barbecue sauce, of your choice. My sauce recipe is down below.
- 2 nights before cooking, rub the pineapple chunks on the ribs and refrigerate 24 hours
- The night before cooking, remove the pineapple chunks from the ribs and rub down ribs (both sides) with seasoning and let sit until the next morning.
- Do not remove or rinse rub from ribs,stand ribs up in roaster with small amount of water on the bottom, cover and bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours
- Remove from oven and let sit for 2 hours (cool off period) Finish on either an oven broiler or outdoor grill,saucing at least 5 times on both back and front of the slabs,about 15 to 25 minutes.
The ribs will melt in your mouth!
- Open Pit Barbeque sauce
- Orange juice
- Brown sugar
This is a great little sauce that I doctor up myself. I start with Open pit, I like the spice it has in it. Add honey, brown sugar and, for the citrus punch, a little orange juice. The amount of each may vary according to your taste. Once sauce is mixed, let it sit for a night, if possible, so that all the flavors can mingle!