Francona missed the series with the Reds after returning to Cleveland for tests for a gastrointestinal issue.
Antonetti said it will be a few more days until the manager rejoins the club. They are working to get him more comfortable so he is able to resume his duties. Antonetti did not elaborate on Francona’s health condition, out of respect for his privacy.
First-base coach Sandy Alomar will continue to fill in for the 61-year-old Francona, who is in his eighth season with Cleveland.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Can Cookie save the season? Cleveland Indians need a win tonight to keep the season alive
- ‘I am woman’ singer Helen Reddy dies at 78
- Clouds, wind, and rain; cooler air pushes in tomorrow
- From ‘Will you shut up man?’ to ‘Everyone knows he’s a liar,’ first presidential debate goes off the rails
- Hillary Clinton responds to ‘would you shut up, man’ moment at presidential debate