(WJW) — Tristan Thompson is reportedly signing with a team that is not the Cleveland Cavaliers.
The center, who helped win Cleveland a championship in 2016, is headed to the Boston Celtics, Yahoo Sports’ Chris Hayne and the Athletic’s Joe Vardon reported. The deal is reportedly worth $19 million and is a two-year contract.
Thompson was with the Cavs for nine seasons.
Vardon also reported that the Celtics offered Tristan more money than the Cavs this year.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Pennsylvania halts alcohol sales in bars, restaurants night before Thanksgiving
- WATCH video: Alliance police rescue woman from vehicle sinking in river
- Cleveland tops 10,000 total coronavirus cases
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- Indians manager Terry Francona feeling better, excited for 2021