COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) — The Presidents Council of the Ohio Athletic Conference announced Friday it has postponed all NCAA competition through Dec. 31 amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The announcement affects 10 conference teams: Mount Union, John Carroll, Baldwin-Wallace, Ohio Northern, Heidelberg, Marietta, Wilmington, Muskingum, Otterbein and Capital.
“The OAC believes we can continue to provide an excellent experience for our student athletes,” said Tim Gleason, commissioner of OAC. “While continuing to make the health and safety of our student-athletes, coaches, staff, families, fans and campus communities our highest priority.”
The fall sports that have intercollegiate competition postponed include cross country, football, golf, soccer, tennis and volleyball.
The winter-season sports of basketball, indoor track and field, swimming and diving, and wrestling will also have intercollegiate competition postponed during the 2020 calendar year, with plans to resume in January 2021.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- ‘We just need to be us’: Browns ready for Sunday matchup against Kansas City
- Troopers investigating Ohio crash that killed 14-year-old
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- Dr. Dre now back home after reported brain aneurysm treatment
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration