CLEVELAND (WJW)– Cleveland is on the clock! The 2021 NFL Draft in Cleveland runs until May 1.
Events will be spread along FirstEnergy Stadium, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Great Lakes Science Center. The Draft Theater, located next to FirstEnergy Stadium with a backdrop of Lake Erie, will be the viewing zone for the Main Stage and will seat invited guests.
The NFL Draft Experience is an interactive football theme park outside and inside the stadium. About 50,000 fans, who reserved a free ticket, will be allowed in during each day of operation. The Draft Theater is not visible from the Draft Experience.
- Draft Experience: noon to 10 p.m. (or end of Round 1)
- Red carpet: 6 p.m.
- Kings of Leon: Before the draft, approximately 7:40 p.m.
- National anthem performed by Ann Wilson
- Lift Every Voice and Sing performed by Cleveland Metropolitan School District’s All-City Choir
- Round 1: 8 p.m.
- Draft Experience: noon to 10 p.m. (or end of Round 3)
- Rounds 2 and 3: 7 p.m.
- Black Pumas: After Round 3, approximately 11 p.m.
- Draft Experience: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (or end of Round 7)
- Rounds 4, 5, 6 and 7: noon
- Machine Gun Kelly: After Round 7, approximately 6:30 p.m.
Reservations are required for the Draft Experience. They are available through the NFL OnePass app. There, you can reserve a free ticket for a select date and session. Adults can reserve up to two adults and five minors per transaction, one session maximum and one transaction per fan. Sessions last three to four hours, depending on date and time.
Once your session ends, you’re asked to leave the Draft Experience. Only fans with current wristbands will be permitted to line up for games and attractions.
The Vaccinated Fan Zone is a standing-room only viewing area in the Draft Theater for invited guests. The Inner Circle viewing zone is also for selected vaccinated fans. These areas require separate tickets, which are not available to the general public.
Parking and traffic:
Normal Browns game day parking restrictions apply. That includes from Lakeside Avenue to Superior Avenue, and East 12th Street to Old River Road.
The following will be closed from 9 p.m. on Wednesday, April 28 through 6:30 a.m. Sunday, May 2:
- Route 2 westbound from I-90 westbound at Dead Man’s Curve
- Route 2 westbound exit to East 9th Street
- Route 2 westbound exit to West 3rd Street
- Exits along Route 2 eastbound into downtown, including Lakeside/West 6th Street, Easts 9th Street and the muni lot exits
- West and East Mall Drive
- East 9th Street from Lakeside to North Marginal
- West 3rd Street from just north of Route 2 overpass
Access to the Jones Day/Northpoint garages will be available from Lakeside Avenue only. Access to the Summit parking lot and county garage will be available.
Draft Experience safety:
Face coverings are required for all fans ages 2 and over, even if you are vaccinated. Six feet of physical distancing is also mandatory. There will be markers throughout the Draft Experience at security lines, restrooms, shops and concessions.
The NFL bag policy will be in effect. The following bags are permitted:
- Clear bags that do not exceed 12″ x 12″ x 6″ and small clutch size purses not exceeding 4.5″ x 6.5″
- No backpacks or luggage of any size will be permitted
- Exceptions for medically necessary items after thorough inspection at the entry screening site
- Animals (except service animals)
- Anything deemed dangerous by the NFL or the Cleveland Division of Police
- Banners and signs
- Beach balls and other inflatables
- Laser pointers
- Noise makers, horns and musical instruments
- Binocular cases and camera bags
- Chairs and stools
- Illegal substances, drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Selfie sticks and tripods
- Umbrellas larger than 48 inches
- Weapons of any kind
Offensive or obscene clothing, banners or signs including the use of language or gestures: concerning a person’s race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, creed, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression of national origin, or to instigate, incite or encourage a confrontation or physical assault, will be prohibited. This includes headdresses and face paint styled in a way that references or appropriates American Indian cultures and traditions.
Ways to watch outside the Draft Experience:
There are “Rock the Clock End Zone” sites at Playhouse Square, Mall C and the Flats East Bank. These areas feature DJs, seating and the NFL Draft on the big screen.
No tickets are required. It’s first come, first serve. Take-out food is permitted. Food trucks will be at the Mall C location. Masks are mandatory. The NFL bag policy also applies to these areas.
- First round: 26th overall
- Second round: 59th overall
- Third round: 89th overall and 91st overall (from the Saints)
- Fourth round: 110th overall (from the Eagles) and 132nd overall
- Fifth round: 169th overall (from the Rams)
- Sixth round: 211th overall
- Seventh round: 257th overall (from the Bills)