CLEVELAND (WJW)– Just three days after the MLB released its schedule for the 2020 season, the schedule for 2021 is out.
The Cleveland Indians (or Cleveland baseball team to be named later) will open the season against the Tigers in Detroit on April 1, 2021. The home opener at Progressive Field is scheduled for Monday, April 5, 2021 against the Royals and kicks off a five-game homestand.
The Indians said fans with impacted 2020 games have the option to use their credit toward 2021 games.
Other highlights from Cleveland’s schedule include eight summer weekends at home from Memorial Day weekend to the end of August:
- May 28-31 vs. Toronto Blue Jays & Chicago White Sox
- June 11-13 vs. Seattle Mariners
- July 1-4 vs. Houston Astros
- July 8-11 vs. Kansas City Royals
- July 22-25 vs. Tampa Bay Rays
- Aug. 6-8 vs. Detroit Tigers
- Aug. 20-22 vs. Los Angeles Angels
- Aug. 27-29 vs. Boston Red Sox
The Cleveland Indians released their 60-game schedule for the 2020 season on Monday. The Tribe opens the season at home against the Kansas City Royals on July 24.
The 2020 abbreviated schedule features 10 games against each of the teams in the American League Central: the Tigers, White Sox, Twins and Royals. It also includes National Leagues teams in the same geographic region: the Reds, Pirates, Brewers, Cubs and Cardinals.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- 25 more confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in City of Cleveland
- Ohio Investigative Unit cites six businesses for violating coronavirus health orders
- Cleveland police: Woman shot, killed after verbal altercation
- DC shooting leaves 1 dead, at least 20 injured including off-duty police officer
- Ohio coronavirus cases climb over 100,000, health department confirms