LeBron: ‘I’m ready to go’ for opener

Sports

LeBron James at the 2015 Cavs media day. (Photo: Jen Steer/Fox 8 News)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio—LeBron James says his back feels good and he will be active for the Cavaliers‘ season opener on Tuesday in Chicago.

James had been limited in practice since receiving an anti-inflammatory injection in his back on Oct. 13. He made it through a complete practice Sunday, taking contact for the first time since getting the shot. The four-time MVP said the big test would be how his body responded after the workout.

Following Monday’s practice, James  said he’s “ready to go.” The 30-year-old shook his head and said, “nope” when asked if there was any doubt he would be available when the Cavaliers open the season.

Coach David Blatt said the Cavs will be “cautious and careful” with the minutes they play James , who missed a career-high 13 games last season with injuries and has played nearly 44,000 minutes as a pro.

More stories on LeBron here

More stories on the Cavaliers here

**CHECK OUT OUR CAVS’ HOME OPENER GUIDE HERE**

 

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trademark and Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Around the Buckeye State

More Ohio News
FOX 8 Cleveland Weather // Quick Links:

Happening Headlines:

More News

Hot on FOX 8

More Viral