CLEVELAND – Thanks to Mother Nature, the Cleveland Indians have postponed their 2016 home opener game.
The Indians said the game was postponed “due to the forecast changing from no precipitation to having precipitation most of the afternoon and into early evening. That steady precipitation forecast combined with wind chills dropping into the teens, it was decided by both teams and umpires for fan comfort and player safety to postpone the game.
Tomorrow’s forecast will continue to be cold, but no anticipated precipitation.”
Today's #TribeOpener has been postponed.
Makeup: Tomorrow at 1:10PM. Gates at 11AM.
— Cleveland Indians (@Indians) April 4, 2016
The game against the Boston Red Sox, originally scheduled for Monday, April 4 at 4:10 p.m. will now be played on Tuesday, April 5 at 1:10 p.m. Gates will open at 11 a.m.
- Black Keys drummer Patrick Carney first pitch
- William Clarence Marshall national anthem
- #OnlyHere moments celebration with Sandy Alomar
- Military color guard presentation
- SportsTime Ohio live pregame show from The Corner
- Tricky Dick and the Cover Ups from Block Party in Right Field District
For fans who cannot attend Tuesday’s rescheduled opener, here is a list of games to choose as an alternate:
- Wednesday, April 6 vs. Boston (6:10PM)
- Thursday, April 7 vs. Boston (6:10PM)
- Friday, April 15 vs. New York Mets (7:10PM)
- Saturday, April 16 vs. New York Mets (4:10PM)
- Sunday, April 17 vs. New York Mets (1:10PM)
- Tuesday, April 19 vs. Seattle (6:10PM)
- Wednesday, April 20 vs. Seattle (6:10PM)
- Thursday, April 21 vs. Seattle (12:10PM)
- Friday, May 13 vs. Minnesota (7:10PM)
- Monday, May 16 vs. Cincinnati (6:10PM)
- Tuesday, May 17 vs. Cincinnati (6:10PM)