CLEVELAND (AP) — The Cleveland Indians are bringing back reliable and crafty reliever Oliver Pérez. The 39-year-old agreed to a minor league deal with Cleveland, which also invited the left-hander to training camp.
- Third stimulus checks calculator: Do you qualify for $1,400?
- Rainforest reopens — Kenny checks out renovations & new resident
- Thieves swipe woman’s 500-pound safe filled with treasures, including lock of Alexander Hamilton’s hair
- Man linked to 3 Ohio homicides dies after Detroit shooting
- Welcome back, students! Akron Public Schools begins phasing in kids for return to the classroom
Pérez. has spent the past three seasons with the Indians, appearing in 139 games. Pérez went 1-1 with a 2.00 ERA in 21 games last season while helping the Indians gain a wild-card spot.
Pérez has a 73-92 record and 4.35 ERA in 18 seasons with the Mets, Pirates, Diamondbacks, Padres, Nationals, Mariners, Astros and Indians.