Pittsburgh (WJW) — The Cleveland Indians got their first win of the summer on Saturday night, even if it doesn’t count in the standings.
The Tribe beat the Pirates 5-3 in an Exhibition game at PNC Park in Pittsburgh (after coming back to Cleveland for spring training earlier this month, as seen in the video above). The Indians trailed 3-0 in the 8th inning when Christian Arroyo tied the game with a bases clearing double.
Yu Chang got the game-winning double in the four run eighth inning and Greg Allen added another RBI in the 9th as the Tribe came from behind for the win.
Zach Plesac got the start for the Indians, he went five innings, gave up six hits, two runs and he struck out 6. The Indians return home Sunday for another Intrasquad game at Progressive Field. The Indians will face the Pirates in another exhibition game on Monday in Cleveland before wrapping up the exhibition slate on Wednesday night back at PNC Park.
The Indians open the 2020 season on Friday at Progressive Field against the Kansas City Royals.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Winds chills in the teens overnight
- Heavy snow damages outdoor seating area at Little Italy restaurant
- Solon tries to provide help during power outages, bitter cold and pandemic
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- City of Cleveland reports 269 more confirmed COVID-19 cases