According to the school district, a member of the Wadsworth JV/Varsity football team is considered positive for COVID-19.
In response, they have made the decision to cancel their games on Friday night and Saturday morning.
They have also postponed JV/Varsity football practices until the contact tracing process is completed by the Medina County Health Department and further guidance is provided.
A fourteen-day quarantine may be required for some individuals. School officials say they a Medina County Health Department representative will contact families if their student needs to quarantine.
Additionally, the district reminds community members that they have several protocols in place to prevent further spread of COVID-19.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Police release new details in search for driver who hit and killed man in Akron
- Kenny gets a tour of Sam Sylk’s new ‘crown jewel’ restaurant
- Cleveland Browns’ Myles Garrett named AFC Defensive Player of the Month, leads league in sacks
- U.S. hits once hard to believe projections on coronavirus deaths
- Newborns celebrate 1st Halloween at Philadelphia children’s hospital