BEREA, Ohio (WJW) — The Cleveland Browns announced Thursday that five players are opting out of the season due to coronavirus concerns.
They are all lineman. Four offensive lineman and one defensive lineman.
The latest to declare was Guard Malcolm Pridgeon. He was the third guard to opt out and thus only two guards remain on the roster, Pro Bowler Joel Bitonio and right guard Wyatt Teller.
The 5 players who opted out are Drew Forbes, Andrew Billings, Colby Gossett, Drake Dorbeck, and Pridgeon.
The Browns continued their strength and conditioning Thursday in Berea.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Joe and Jill Biden train tour launches from Cleveland Wednesday
- Can Cookie save the season? Cleveland Indians need a win tonight to keep the season alive
- ‘I am woman’ singer Helen Reddy dies at 78
- Clouds, wind, and rain; cooler air pushes in tomorrow
- From ‘Will you shut up man?’ to ‘Everyone knows he’s a liar,’ first presidential debate goes off the rails