*In the video above, FOX 8’s Wayne Dawson talked to Andre Knott ahead of the Indians opening day
“I would like to apologize to my teammates, the entire Cleveland organization and all of our fans for my actions Saturday evening,” Plesac said in the statement.
“I realize I made a poor choice to leave the hotel, which broke protocols and could have endangered other people. I understand that in these times of uncertainty, I need to be more vigilant and responsible and I am determined to earn my teammates’ forgiveness and get back to work.”
According to The Athletic, he went out with friends in Chicago on Saturday night.
The team sent Plesac back to Cleveland before Sunday’s game. The team didn’t want to risk a possible outbreak, so he was immediately isolated.
Sources told The Athletic, Plesac will be quarantined for 72 hours and tested daily.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- South Carolina man wanted after taking selfie with John C. Calhoun statue during Capitol riot
- NFL Conference Championship betting tips: Bet now or bet later?
- ‘A new kind of respect’: Historic season ends; a new Cleveland Browns era begins
- ‘Rooting hard for you’: Will departure note tradition end with Trump?
- After allergic reactions at 1 clinic, California pauses use of large batch of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine