*In the video above, FOX 8’s Wayne Dawson talked to Andre Knott ahead of the Indians opening day
“I would like to apologize to my teammates, the entire Cleveland organization and all of our fans for my actions Saturday evening,” Plesac said in the statement.
“I realize I made a poor choice to leave the hotel, which broke protocols and could have endangered other people. I understand that in these times of uncertainty, I need to be more vigilant and responsible and I am determined to earn my teammates’ forgiveness and get back to work.”
According to The Athletic, he went out with friends in Chicago on Saturday night.
The team sent Plesac back to Cleveland before Sunday’s game. The team didn’t want to risk a possible outbreak, so he was immediately isolated.
Sources told The Athletic, Plesac will be quarantined for 72 hours and tested daily.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Ohio issues travel advisory for five states due to coronavirus spread
- ‘A bizarre incident’: Brown bear breaks into the Alaska Zoo, kills popular alpaca
- Ohio elections leaders still looking for more than 20-thousand poll workers
- Car crashes into house in Howland, killing man inside
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station