SECAUCUS, New Jersey (WKBN) — Draft order was determined in the 36th annual NBA Draft Lottery Thursday night in Secaucus, New Jersey, with team representatives taking part in the event remotely. For the second straight year, the Cleveland Cavaliers secured the number five overall pick.
Cleveland entered the night with a 14% chance of landing the number-one overall pick.
The Cavs had won the NBA Draft Lottery more than any other team in the league the last two decades.
Earning the number one overall pick was the Minnesota Timberwolves.
2020 NBA Draft Lottery Order
2. GOLDEN STATE
8. NEW YORK
11. SAN ANTONIO
13. NEW ORLEANS
The NBA Draft will take place on Friday, October 16.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Florida school district investigating claims that cheerleader was forced to kneel during anthem
- Akron Public Schools Board of Education approves ‘remote plus’ learning plan
- Who should be the FNTD Game of the Week #10 winner? Vote in our poll
- Below normal temps, wet conditions continue Tuesday
- ‘Some don’t want to be told to stay home’: Contact tracing resistance reported