(Watch Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski’s interview with reporters from June 25 in the video player above)
Cleveland selected Wills, at 6 foot 4 and 312 pounds, with the 10th overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft from a class deep with tackle talent.
The Browns leadership is also confident in the 21-year-old’s skill as they continue to invest in their line. In the offseason, Cleveland added right tackle Jack Conklin, who spent four years with the Titans, to play alongside guard Joel Bitonio and center JC Tretter.
“What you saw on tape was legit. I think once we got to know the person and spend some time with him and our coaches spent some time with him, we really felt very comfortable that we were getting a guy that certainly fits our scheme and certainly fits our building,” Cleveland head coach Kevin Stefanski said immediately following the draft.
The Browns have signed five of their seven 2020 picks: defensive tackle Jordan Elliott, tight end Harrison Bryant, center Nick Harris and wide receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones.
The latest stories from FOX8.com:
- Ohio Investigative Unit cites six businesses for violating coronavirus health orders
- Cleveland police: Woman shot, killed after verbal altercation
- DC shooting leaves 1 dead, at least 20 injured including off-duty police officer
- Ohio coronavirus cases climb over 100,000, health department confirms
- ‘It’s going to work’: DeWine says he is confident in mail-in voting for presidential election