It comes after the team learned of a positive test and closed their training facility in Berea Friday morning.
The Browns said they conducted contact tracing and found no high-risk close contacts. Cornerback Denzel Ward and linebacker Sione Takitaki were cleared as possible close contacts, but not in time for practice at 3 p.m., according to head coach Kevin Stefanski.
“We just try to follow all the protocols to a T. We met virtually this morning, which we were doing already. We just basically had to push back the day a little bit. Obviously, every single day, it is part of how we operate. I think also a big part of this is not having any high-risk close contact is really a main goal of ours today and moving forward every day. It is something we take very seriously,” Stefanski said.
Cleveland hosts the Houston Texans at 1 p.m. Sunday. You can catch all the action right here on FOX 8.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Local mom gifted life-changing hearing aids
- Can my employer ask if I have received the COVID-19 vaccine? What you need to know
- Local officer sues Ohio State Highway Patrol for civil rights violations following arrest
- Weekend forecast: Sunshine and warm temps
- 14-year-old Ohio boy charged with reckless homicide in death of 11-year-old