CLEVELAND, Ohio — The most popular team merchandise sold in 2016 by the NBA was that of the Cleveland Cavaliers.
The NBA said in a press release that there was “unprecedented demand” for Cavs merchandise following the team’s NBA Finals win.
The Golden State Warriors follow the Cavs on the list. Next are the Los Angeles Lakers, Chicago Bulls and Oklahoma City Thunder.
NBA MVP Steph Curry once again topped the league’s list of most popular jerseys, a position he’s held since the 2014-15 season.
But LeBron James got the No. 2 spot on the top five list. They’re followed by Kobe Bryant at No. 3, Kyrie Irving at No. 4 and Klay Thompson at No. 5.
See the full lists below:
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys:
- Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
- LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers*
- Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors
- Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Draymond Green, Golden State Warriors
- Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio Spurs
- Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls*
- Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs
- Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
- Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
- Andre Iguodala, Golden State Warriors
- Kristaps Porzingis, New York Knicks
Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise:
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Golden State Warriors
- Los Angeles Lakers
- Chicago Bulls
- Oklahoma City Thunder
- San Antonio Spurs
- Miami Heat
- Toronto Raptors
- New York Knicks
- Boston Celtics