INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP) — Cavaliers All-Star guard Kyrie Irving played one-on-one while wearing a brace on his left knee, but remains questionable for Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals.
Irving sat out Cleveland’s Game 2 win Friday in Atlanta after visiting famed surgeon Dr. James Andrews in Florida earlier in the day. Irving has been slowed by tendinitis in his left knee, an injury that resulted from him compensating for a sprained right foot.
Irving made sharp cuts and moved well Saturday during a short workout watched intently by coach David Blatt and the training staff.
Blatt says Irving’s status for Sunday will depend on how he feels and a doctor’s assessment. Blatt adds that the team’s 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven series will have no bearing on whether Irving plays.
Here is the schedule for the Eastern Conference Finals:
(all game times are eastern)
- Game 3: Sunday, May 24 at 8:30 p.m. in Cleveland
- Game 4: Tuesday, May 26 at 8:30 p.m. in Cleveland
- Game 5: Thursday, May 28 at 8:30 p.m. in Atlanta (if necessary)
- Game 6: Saturday, May 30 at 8:30 p.m. in Cleveland (if necessary)
- Game 7: Monday, June 1 at 8:30 p.m. in Atlanta, (if necessary)
Click here for all of the Fox 8 coverage of the Cavs’ 2015 playoff action.
Click here to head over to our Fox 8 Cavs’ Fan Photo Gallery and send us your favorite fan photos.