CLEVELAND (WJW)– The Cleveland Cavaliers selected Isaac Okoro with the fifth overall pick in the 2020 NBA Draft Wednesday night.
Okoro is a 6-foot-6 forward, who played one season for the Auburn Tigers. He’s only the sixth player in SEC history to be named to an all-conference team, all-defensive team and all-freshman team in the same season.
Okoro, noted as a defensive specialist, started in 28 games. He averaged 12.9 points, 4.4 rebounds and 2 assists a game.
Over the last two years, the Cavs selected guards. In 2018, the picked Collin Sexton eighth overall and in 2019, drafted Darius Garland fifth.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- 12 RTA employees test positive for coronavirus this week
- Hyundai, Kia fined for delaying US engine failure recalls
- Is your Amazon Black Friday purchase a good deal? This tool will tell you if the price has been lower
- Ohio electoral votes certified for President Trump
- Disney to lay off 4,000 more at California, Florida parks