Browns toying with another offensive line shift

Sports
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CLEVELAND— The Browns could be shifting their offensive line again.

David Njoku #85 of the Cleveland Browns is congratulated by teammate Austin Corbett #63 after Njoku scored a touchdown in the second quarter against the New York Giants during their preseason game on August 9, 2018 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

With the season opener against Pittsburgh nine days away, coach Hue Jackson said Friday that “all avenues are open” with his offensive line, which has been in flux since 10-time Pro Bowl tackle Joe Thomas retired after last season.

Jackson would not commit to Joel Bitonio as his starting left tackle, and hinted there could be changes up front. Bitonio was moved from left guard into Thomas’ old spot during training camp, with rookie Austin Corbett taking over at guard. Corbett, the No. 33 overall pick in this year’s draft, played tackle in college.

Jackson reiterated he wants the “best five guys out there” and said undrafted rookie Desmond Harrison could be in the mix. Harrison started Thursday night’s exhibition finale at Detroit.

Earlier this week, the Browns signed former Arizona and Chicago lineman Earl Watford.

More stories on the Cleveland Browns here

Around the Buckeye State

More Ohio News

Around the Buckeye State

More Ohio News
FOX 8 Cleveland Weather // Quick Links:

Happening Headlines:

More News

Hot on FOX 8

More Viral