Chubb was injured in the first quarter of Cleveland’s win over Dallas on Oct. 4. He missed four games with a sprained knee.
“I’d say I’m hopeful, but I want to see this week plays out,” Stefanski told reporters during a Zoom call on Thursday.
Stefanski said they will check in with Chubb and the training staff, and wait until Friday to make a determination. The Pro Bowler wore a knee brace in practice this week.
As for other injuries, Stefanski said he is also hopeful guard Wyatt Teller will be able to play and defensive end Myles Garrett should be good to go.
The 5-3 Browns host the 2-6 Houston Texans following a bye week at 1 p.m. Sunday. Be sure to watch the game right here on FOX 8 News.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- EMT shot in Staten Island by man he was helping, suspect in custody: police
- House passes domestic terrorism bill in mostly party-line vote
- Formula shortage: Ohio families on WIC may soon see some relief
- Driver hits man in wheelchair, doesn’t stop: Norwalk Police
- Police: Kentucky man stranded on side of road pulled out shotgun, killed firefighter who stopped to help