Chubb was injured in the first quarter of Cleveland’s win over Dallas on Oct. 4. He missed four games with a sprained knee.
“I’d say I’m hopeful, but I want to see this week plays out,” Stefanski told reporters during a Zoom call on Thursday.
Stefanski said they will check in with Chubb and the training staff, and wait until Friday to make a determination. The Pro Bowler wore a knee brace in practice this week.
As for other injuries, Stefanski said he is also hopeful guard Wyatt Teller will be able to play and defensive end Myles Garrett should be good to go.
The 5-3 Browns host the 2-6 Houston Texans following a bye week at 1 p.m. Sunday. Be sure to watch the game right here on FOX 8 News.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Buffalo Bills arrive in Kansas City ahead of AFC Championship
- Two Ohio men, including one from Columbus, charged in Capitol riots, one accused of stealing coat rack
- Big offenses, overlooked defenses in AFC title game
- 12-year-old track star training in Ohio goes viral, gains attention from ESPN
- Mahoning County bar cited for violating state COVID-19 orders