CLEVELAND (AP) — Shane Bieber struck out 10 in five innings to stay unbeaten in 2020 and Carlos Santana had two RBIs, leading the Cleveland Indians to a 4-1 win over the Milwaukee Brewers.
Bieber improved to 7-0. He only allowed one run and five singles, but the right-hander ran up his pitch count and needed Cleveland’s bullpen to finish things off.
Bieber came in leading the AL in strikeouts and reached double-digits for the sixth time this season.
Santana had an RBI double in the first off Brett Anderson and then chased the left-hander with a run-scoring single in the sixth.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Two Youngstown State University students die in car crash, OSHP reports
- Stimulus checks: GOP, Democrats agree to restart relief talks
- Hispanic Heritage: Family band takes music to Facebook Live amid pandemic
- Second teenager pleads guilty to manslaughter in photographer’s death
- OSHP investigating after SUV driver hits 4-year-old bicyclist in Canton