CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) – The Cleveland Indians host the New York Yankees Tuesday at Progressive Field in the first game of the AL Wildcard series.
The best out of three will advance to the next round.
Bieber is 8-1 this season with a 1.63 ERA and leads the league in strikeouts.
Cole is 7-3 with a 2.84 ERA and also has postseason experience.
His postseason stats are 6-4 with a 2.60 ERA.
Cole was a first-round pick in 2011 and a 2019 Cy Young runner-up, while Bieber is presumed to be the 2020 winner.
Sandy Alomar Jr. will be managing the Indians through the playoffs as Terry Francona recovers from health issues.
First pitch is at 7 p.m. Game three, if needed, will be held Wednesday.
Whoever advances will head to a playoff bubble.
The ALCS will be at Petco Park in San Diego.
The ALDS will be at Petco Park and Dodger Stadium.
The NLDS will be at Globe Life Field in Arlington and Minute Maid Park in Houston.
The NLCS will be at Globe Life Field.
The World Series will be played at Globe Life Field.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Newsfeed Now: Trump campaigns in PA; Changes to Thursday’s presidential debate
- Second stimulus checks: Major hurdles remain as election aid deadline nears
- Show Info: October 20, 2020
- Reese’s tricked-out Halloween door dispenses hands-free treats
- Ohio felon arrested after using Kool-Aid packet to ring up $994 in charges at Florida Walmart