Drummond was acquired by Cleveland in a surprising trade from Detroit in February. He had been expected for months to pick up the option.
A two-time All-Star with Detroit, the 27-year-old Drummond has consistently said he enjoys playing with the young Cavs. But now that he’s under contract for 2021, he could be packaged by the team in a trade because he has an expiring deal.
Drummond averaged 17.5 points and 11.1 rebounds in eight games with the Cavs, who were one of the eight teams excluded form the Orlando bubble. For his career, Drummond, the No. 9 overall pick in 2012, has averaged 14.5 points and 13.8 rebounds.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Cleveland police: Shooting victim pushed out of van onto hospital sidewalk
- 12 RTA employees test positive for coronavirus this week
- Hyundai, Kia fined for delaying US engine failure recalls
- Is your Amazon Black Friday purchase a good deal? This tool will tell you if the price has been lower
- Ohio electoral votes certified for President Trump