- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 oz artichoke hearts
- 4 oz roasted red peppers
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons good dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 (1-inch-thick) swordfish fillets (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- Fresh basil leaves
For the sauce, use the pan that you cooked the fish in. Start by adding 1 T of olive oil and the garlic, sauté till lightly brown. Add the capers, roasted peppers, artichokes, lemon juice, stock and wine. Let the sauce reduce and add butter and salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare a hot pan. Brush the swordfish with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sear on medium high heat for 4 minutes on each side until the center is no longer raw. Do not overcook. Place the sauce on the bottom of a plate, arrange the swordfish on top, and garnish with basil leaves. Serve hot or at room temperature.