Courtesy of: Chef Bryce Dial, Morton’s The Steakhouse
Honey Poppy Seed Dressing (Makes 2 ½ cups)
- 2 cups Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 3 oz. White Balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. Poppy seeds
- 1/8 tsp. Minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well with a wire whisk. Transfer to a storage container and refrigerate until needed.
Hearts of Palm Salad with Mangoes and Arugula (4 portions)
- 1/4 cup Toasted sliced almonds
- 2 cups Hearts of Palm, sliced on the Bias
- 2 cups Mango, peeled, sliced thin
- 12 cups Baby Arugula
- 1/2 cup Honey Poppy seed dressing
- pinch of Salt
- pinch of Ground white pepper
- 4 tsp. Minced fresh chives
- Seedless Watermelon 20, 1 x 1 cubes
Place the Arugula, Hearts of Palm and Mango slices into a mixing bowl. Add the dressing and toss until everything is evenly coated. (More dressing can be added to your taste.)
Evenly divide the salad onto 4 cold plates, being careful to evenly distribute the ingredients between each plate. Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Sprinkle the toasted almonds and minced chives over the salads.
Garnish the edges of the salad with 5 cubes of watermelon evenly spaced on each salad. Serve immediately.