- 2 medium-sized gold beets, about 4-6 ounces each
- 2 heads frisée, trimmed, washed and spun dry
- 2 ounces arugula, washed and spun dry
- 4 ounces good quality goat’s cheese, at room temperature
- Lemon horseradish vinaigrette, recipe follows
Wash the beets well and wrap them in 2 layers of foil. Bake them at 350* for 1 ½ to 2 hours, or until tender when pierced with a skewer. Allow them to cool and peel them with a small knife. Slice the beets very thinly and arrange them inside the rims of the serving plates. Tear the frisée into pieces, place into a large bowl with the arugula. Spoon enough of the dressing to coat the greens into the bowl and toss the greens until coated. Place the greens in the middle of the beets and then distribute the cheese over the top. Drizzle some of the dressing in a thin line onto the beets and serve.