This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Compliments of: Spice Kitchen & Bar
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 medium celery, diced
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice (or mixture of sage, thyme, parsley, cinnamon, anise)
- 3 small-medium fall squash, quartered + roasted (butternut squash, acorn squash + pumpkin)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 cups half-and-half (or combination of half-and-half + whole milk)
- Kosher or sea salt + pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery to pot and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add spices and stir. Scrape roasted pumpkin/squash into pot, and add vegetable broth, honey, and salt + pepper. Stir well to combine; then simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half (or combo with half-and-half + whole milk) to finish; then puree in a blender (work in batches) until smooth.
- Optional garnish: crème friache + pecans