- 1-15 oz box frozen potato/cheese pierogie (partially thawed)
- 2 Tables. Butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teas. Garlic power
- 1/2 teas. Salt
- 1/4 teas. Pepper
- 1/4 teas. Paprika
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 4 cheese shredded Italian blend
1. Cup each pierogie lengthwise, then across 2 times so you have 6 pieces.
2. In large pot, melt the butter, add chopped onion and cabbage and saute 5-7 minutes until onions are translucent.
3. Add the pierogies and chicken broth.
4. Add the garlic power, salt, pepper and paprika.
5. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and gently simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add the milk and the cheese. Cook over low heat until heated through and cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.