Compliments of: Chef Sarah at Whole Foods Cedar Center
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets (about 1 1/4 inches thick)
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 medium beefsteak tomatoes cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup sliced celery (inner stalks with leaves)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh mint
Heat sauté pan on high heat & sear salmon in a sauté pan till golden brown on one side. Whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon vinegar, the honey, red pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Put the salmon on the prepared pan and brush the tops and sides with the honey glaze. Bake in 350 degree oven till just cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon vinegar, the olives and chopped garlic in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until bubbling, about 3 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the tomatoes, celery and mint. Season with salt and toss to combine. Serve with the salmon.
Per serving: Calories 433; Fat 26 g (Saturated 4 g); Cholesterol 97 mg; Sodium 982 mg; Carbohydrate 10 g; Fiber 1 g; Protein 38 g