Compliments of: Pier W
(Yield 4 portions)
- 12 oz yellow perch fillets, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 shallot or small Spanish onion, diced small
- 1 cup aborio rice
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 3 cups light chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 small can artichokes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 ground black pepper
1. Heat a small sauce pan on the stove over medium heat. Add the olive oil and the shallot, and sauté until translucent. Add the fresh thyme, aborio rice, salt and pepper. Stir well until the rice begins to stick to the pan, and is coated with the seasonings.
2. Add the white wine, and turn the heat up to high.
3. When the wine is absorbed, begin add the chicken stock, a little at a time, stirring constantly. Do not leave the pan unattended!
4. In another pan, coat the perch with the cornstarch, and fry quickly in a small sauté pan. set aside.
4. When the rice is tender, add in the artichokes, butter and parmesan cheese. serve immediately.