- 1 tbs olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 anchovies minced
- 2 tbs capers rinsed and chopped
- ½ C. Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes chopped into large pieces
- Salt sauce to taste (1/2 to 1 tsp kosher salt)
- 1 can imported Italian white albacore tuna rinsed, drained and broken into pieces
- ½ C. Fresh basil chopped
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 lb penne pasta
Start large pot of salted water (2 tsp kosher salt) to cook pasta according to package instructions. Drop pasta while preparing sauce.
Heat olive oil in a deep sauté pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook about a minute.
Add red pepper flakes and anchovies and cook another 30 seconds or so. The anchovies should almost dissolve away.
Add capers, olives and tomatoes. Bring to a bubbling simmer and cook about 7 or 8 minutes.
Taste sauce for salt and adjust if needed.
Gently fold in tuna and turn off heat.
Add pasta to sauce and toss with fresh basil.
Garnish with a little cracked black pepper and serve.