- 1-2 lbs Boneless Chicken Breasts (or Tenderloin Strips)
- 2 or 3 Tbs Favorite Dry Rub or Spicy Seasoning
- 1 bag Favorite Doritos
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Sauce of Choice for dipping (Ketchup, BBQ, Ranch, etc.)
Deep Fryer or Deep Skillet 360-365 F
Cut chicken into strips 1-2 inches wide and length of a breast. If you use chicken tenders, there is no need to trim or cut.
Doritos need to be crushed or processed into crumbs. Crush in a baggie or food processor. They should look like coarse breadcrumbs (Panko).
Set up 3 dishes:
- In the first, put 1 cup flour.
- In the second, beat egg with milk.
- In the third dish, put crushed Dorito crumbs
Season chicken with seasoning and a little salt and pepper. Dredge in flour. Shake off excess flour and dip in egg mixture. Let excess egg drip off and roll in Dorito crumbs. Cover completely. Set aside and repeat with remaining chicken.
Heat oil in deep fryer to 365 F or heat 1 1/2 inches vegetable oil in deep fry pan to 365. Use thermometer or wait till oil starts to shimmer over medium high heat (not smoking!). **Fry pan should be deep enough to avoid spillage and potential fire.
Deep fry 5-6 minutes. Pan fry 6-7 minutes turning occasionally. Remove to rack or paper towels to drain. Allow to cool a few minutes and serve with sauce of choice.