Euclid Fish Company’s Grilling Tips:
Simply grill fish 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Skewered fish or shellfish, like shrimp or lobster are great on the grill.
Grilled clams, mussels and oysters are a great start to any cookout. All you need is the grill and some lemon butter for dipping. Place the clams or mussels directly on the grill, close the lid and in a few minutes the mollusks will open and will have cooked in their own natural juices.
You’ll want to slurp them up… BUT BE CAREFUL THE SHELLS ARE HOT!
Grilled Wild Alaska Salmon Fillet (Glazed with Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce)
- 4- 5oz. Wild Alaska Salmon
- 1 cup– Your favorite prepared BBQ sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Colman’s dry mustard
In a small sauce pan add the BBQ sauce, sugar and mustard. Whisk together over med heat to blend flavors. When sugar and mustard are incorporated take sauce off heat and cool. Place salmon fillets on sheet pan and brush the top of the fillet with cooled sauce to coat. Heat the grill to 375 degrees. Place Salmon on the grill, sauce side down on the hot grill. Brush remaining sauce on bottom side of fillet. Grill for 3-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet. Turn salmon over and grill for 3-4 more minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from grill and let rest for two minutes. Serve on a cool slaw style salad or on a toasted bun with crisp romaine. ENJOY!
Italian Grilled Calamari & Shrimp Salad (in Balsamic Vinaigrette with Basil)
- 2.5 lb. calamari, bodies and tentacles thawed and drained.
- Coat with olive oil.
- 2lb. Shrimp 71/90 count, thawed and tails removed.
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper chopped, 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 2 tbs. capers, a bunch of fresh basil, sliced, salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup of olive oil, plus some to coat squid for grill, 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
Grill the bodies of the calamari over a high heat turning once or twice. Carefully grill the tentacles, so they do not fall through the grate. Put aside to cool. Place shrimp, onion and peppers in a large bowl. Slice the squid bodies into rings, add to bowl with tentacles. Blend basil, olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper, and capers in a small bowl. Pour dressing over the calamari and shrimp, toss together, refrigerate. Delicious!
Easy Grilled Clams
- 2-4 dozen Littleneck Clams
Place clams on grill about 4 inches from coals or gas flame. Close cover and roast for approximately 10 minutes or until clam shells open. Check every few minutes for clams that have popped open. Carefully remove the open clams to an aluminum pan, reserving juices in shell. Serve clams in shells with melted garlic butter or vinegar sauce.
Vinegar Sauce (for dipping)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
Combine ingredients in small bowl. Serve as dipping sauce for cooked clams.