GREEK ORZO PASTA SALAD
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 jars (6 oz each) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 tomato (seeded and chopped)
- 1 cucumber (seeded and chopped)
- 1 red onion (julienned)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup kalamata olives (chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Then drain.
2. In large bowl combine pasta, artichoke hearts, tomato, cucumber, onion, feta, olives, parsley, lemon juice, oregano and lemon pepper. Toss and chill for 1 hour in refrigerator.
GREEK MELON SALAD
- 2 cups chopped cantaloupe
- 2 cups chopped honeydew
- 2 cups chopped watermelon
- 2 cup diced feta cheese
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
1. Peel, seed and roughly chop the cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon. Gently mix the melon with the feta cheese
2. In a bowl mix the balsamic vinegar with the melon salad and season with sea salt and cracked black pepper.