Compliments of: The Olive Scene
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbsp Olive Scene Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- ¼ c Olive Scene Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 (15 oz) tomato puree
- ½ c ketchup
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp Aci Kirmizi Biber (available at The Olive Scene) or red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- In a large pot, heat oil and sauté ground beef, onion and pepper until soft.
- Add balsamic vinegar and mix until meat is coated.
- Mix dry mustard, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes until smooth.
- Sprinkle spices over meat mixture and stir.
- Add tomato puree and ketchup to meat and stir.
- Bring just to a boil and immediately lower the heat and simmer for ½ hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on hearty hamburger buns with pickles or Cole slaw.
- Can make 1-2 days ahead and refrigerate to allow the flavors to develop.
- Freezes well.
- For added heat, replace the Garlic Olive Oil with Harissa Olive Oil