This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Courtesy of: Ray Hamilton, New Day Cleveland Viewer
- 2 nice sized eggplants
- a quart of spaghetti sauce (your choice)
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Bread crumbs
- Cooking oil
- First peel your eggplant after slicing off the top stem and the bottom core.
- Cut the eggplant into medium thin slices, dip the eggplant into well beaten eggs, let excess egg drip off, then dip into Italian bread crumbs until totally covered.
- Drop slices into heating oil around 300 degrees and only cook till golden brown.
- Place some spaghetti sauce into the bottom of your baking pan
- Now cover the bottom of the pan with your eggplant. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the eggplant generously and then cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Add a little bit of sauce on top of that now place another layer of eggplant and repeat that process till your at the top of the baking pan.
- Cover and place in your oven at about 350 degrees cook for at least 1 hour or until you see the cheese it’s fairly melted and it’s nice and hot all the way through.