This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
(WJW) — David Moss is raiding the pantry and shows us how to whip up a delicious banana bundt Pantry Raid: Banana Bundt Cake
David’s Pantry Raid: Banana Bundt Cake
- 2 cups flour mixed with 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 stick butter room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream mixed with 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 old bananas broken in pieces or mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips (Optional)
- Pam baking spray made with flour
- Bundt pan or large loaf pan
- Preheat oven 350°F
- Beat butter on medium speed til it starts to get creamy. Add sugar slowly while mixing. Add eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, and continue mixing til smooth.
- Reduce mixer speed a little bit and start adding , alternately, the flour, sour cream mixture,and bananas. *If you are adding the chocolate chips, just stir them in at the very end.
- Spray the baking pan with baking spray, add cake batter to pan and bake 40 minutes. Cake is done when a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at least 30 minutes, turn out of pan, and enjoy.