This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Cedar-Planked Salmon with Honey Glaze
- 2 Cedar Grilling Planks
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme plus extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 (7-ounce) salmon fillets, skin on
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the planks in a pan, cover with water, and let soak for at least one hour and up to eight hours.
- Set the EGG for direct cooking at 400 degrees
- Whisk together the mustard, honey, balsamic vinegar, orange zest and 1 teaspoon thyme.
- Place the planks on the grid, close the lid of the EGG and preheat for 3 minutes. Open the lid and turn the planks over; brush with the olive oil and place 2 salmon fillets on each plank. Season with salt and pepper and brush generously with the honey glaze. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes for medium.
- Remove from the heat, garnish with thyme and serve immediately.
Citrus Herb Planked Shrimp
- 1 ½ pounds shrimp
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- Fresh parsley
- Soak plank under water for at least one hour.
- Heat grill to 350 degrees, add soaked plank to grill rack, close cover, heat 3 minutes and flip plank.
- Smoke add food to heated plank, close cover; cook until done, no turning or flipping necessary.
- Eat super-moist seafood, meats or vegetables with rich, all natural smoky flavor.