Medeana Hobar from Nature’s Bin shared some easy recipes to celebrate blueberry season!
Frozen berries are great for smoothies!
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 banana
- 1 cup apple juice
- handful of ice! You have yourself an easy delicious nutritious smoothie!!
My moms famous Blueberry muffin recipe- Beverly’s blueberry muffins!
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/ 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg or replacer
- 3/4 milk
- 1/3 cup oil
Combine all ingredients mix together until moist. Add fresh or frozen blueberries. fill muffin tin 3/4 of the way.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 stick of butter or 1/2 cup earth balance
Room temperature, put into a bowl & crumble butter w/ flour & sugar. Put a spoonful on top of each muffin!
Pop into oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Recipe makes 12 muffins!
- 6 tablespoons mashed blueberries
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal
Mix together. Put on face with a cotton ball and let it sit for 10 minutes! Great for wrinkles!
Blueberry & brown sugar scrub
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pureed blueberries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Great for knees, elbows, heels, etc. Scrub with blueberry scrub gently circular motion & rinse!