This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Courtesy of Whole Foods Market
- 5 cups diced or sliced peeled tart apples (Braeburn, Granny Smith, Honeycrisps work well!)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup brown
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- In a bowl, combine first five ingredients; spoon into pie shell. For topping, combine sugars and flour; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°; bake for 40-45 minutes or until the topping is browned and apples are tender. Cover crust edges with foil during the last 15 minutes if needed. Cool completely before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
- Serve with favorite Ice Cream or Fresh Whipped Cream!!!