Here is the information from today’s live, in-studio show…in case you missed it!
Comedian – Kenny Rogerson
Creativity for Kids
North Union Farmers Market – Indoor Market
Pet Dental Awareness Month
Brush Up on Oral Health
Northeast Ohio Petco locations
Saturday, February 11 and Sunday, February 12
1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Home dental care is important to a pet’s overall health. Some pets resist brushing, but most eventually accept it. Getting fido into a routine at a young age is vital. Here are some tips on brushing away bad cat and dog breath:
- Start by getting pets used to having their mouth handled. Gently massage lips with a finger in a circular motion for 30 to 60 seconds once or twice a day.
- Once he’s comfortable with this routine, introduce a toothbrush. Use a toothbrush and toothpaste developed specifically for dogs and cats.
- Focus brushing on the outer tooth surfaces, as that is where most of the tartar buildup will be.
- You may only be able to brush a few teeth a first. However, with patience and time, eventually dogs and cats should be okay with brushing all teeth in one sitting.
- NEVER use human toothpaste – dogs can’t spit the toothpaste out and it will upset a pet’s stomach if swallowed.
If Fluffy refuses to “open wide” every time the toothbrush is near, consider using specially formulated dental diets or treats, enzyme-enhanced chews or dental toys to help keep tartar and gingivitis at bay:
- Dental chew toys and rawhide strips can help remove plaque.
- Keep pets from chewing hard items that could fracture their teeth.
- Try GREENIES® which are nutritious, easy to digest and contain proteins that break down into little teeth-cleaning, easy to swallow and digestible bites.
- GREENIES® dental chews now contain added natural sources of antioxidants to promote a healthy immune system, as well as natural sources of dietary fiber for digestibility. Plus, our new recipe now carries the Veterinary Oral Health Council (VOHC) Seal of Acceptance.
Giant Eagle – Valentine’s Day Dinner at Home
- Recipe preparations for both dishes including an instructional video can also be found on the Giant Eagle website at: http://www.gianteagle.com/celebrate/valentines-day#Surf & Turf