Here’s the links and information from today’s live, in-studio show!
Comedian Carl LaBove
The Chubby Cook
The Dusty Armadillo
Prior to discussing how to interpret common dream symbols, we should establish that:
1) Dreams are actually an avenue to navigate our way through life. The conscious, logical mind is removed during dreams which shed light on situations in life,
2) Dreams are guidance for a particular situation in life at that given time,
3) Dreams are predominately symbolic rather than literal.
Common Dream Symbols:
Chase/Pursuit Dreams – Are all about avoidance of an issue. Something in waking life needs to be addressed on some level. If the pursuer catches the dreamer, there is no avoiding the situation any longer. However, if more and more distance is between the chaser and the one being chased, there is a chance that the dreamer will not have to address the issue just yet.
Naked Dreams – Are all about exposing your true self or about feeling unprepared for something. There is nowhere to hide! If no one else notices you are naked, then you are needlessly worried about something.
Repetitive Dreams – Mean that guidance has been consistently ignored. It is a means of getting the dreamer’s attention to a matter that is of high importance! If the repetitive dream is a nightmare, the situation has already become a fire and is not merely a warning.
Test Dreams – Are in relation to feeling scrutinized or judged (about self-esteem). Sometimes test dreams are about lack of preparation. Perhaps were late for a test or forgot pencil. Did you finish the test? What kind of grade did you get?
Transportation Dreams – are about transitioning from one phase of life to the next.
Car/automobile – If you are the driver, and the car is in working order, you are in control of a situation. If you are the passenger, you are taking a more passive role in a situation. If the brakes have failed or the steering is not functional, the driver has absolutely no control over a situation.
Road conditions – Matter! Is the road smooth or is it full of bumps? This implies the trip ahead will be either easy or rough. Do you have to drive uphill and is it scary or difficult? Does the dreamer get to the top of the hill? If so, we know it may not be an easy task, but it will be successful. If the dream ends before getting to the top of the hill/mountain, then that information will not yet be revealed.
Train – Assuming the train is moving on the tracks, then the dreamer can assume they are “on track” in a situation. The tracks are already laid out, so the dreamer knows where the train is headed.
Airplane – If the dreamer is on a plane and it takes off, this is positive as an idea/project is “taking off.” A delayed airplane means that there will be a wait period – perhaps the project is not ready yet.
Chocolates and Champagne ~ A Valentine’s Energy Event!
Sunday, February 12, 2012
16903 Fischer Road, Lakewood, OH 44107
Junk Food Alternatives
1. Cheesy puffs
- Healthy alternative: Pirate’s Booty White Cheddar or Veggie Puffs (veggie is what we’ll show)
- Cheesy puffs contain partially hydrogenated oil, 10 grams of fat and high sodium. The term partially hydrogenated oil (or trans fat) refers to vegetable oil that was once liquid at room temperature but hydrogen was added to the oil , turning it into a solid. This allows it to be more shelf-stable. However, if a food item has the ability to sit on a shelf for months, it certainly isn’t doing any good in your system! PHO or trans fat has the ability to raise bad cholesterol while lowering our good cholesterol. This is how our risk for heart disease increases. Manufacturers are allowed to put “0g trans fat” when there is 0.5 grams or less; so if you eat several servings, you could be consuming several grams of trans fat! Veggie Puffs contain 0 hydrogenated oils, half the amount of trans fat, and are actually considered a low sodium food choice because one serving contains only 90 mg of sodium. Read your labels! Low sodium foods contain 140mg or less per serving.
2. M&M ice cream sandwich
- Healthy alternative: skinny cow ice cream sandwiches or frozen yogurt with probiotics
- One M&M has 220 calories with 11 grams of fat. 4.5 grams of this are saturated fats and it contains hydrogenated oils. Your goal should be to have 10% or less of your calories come from saturated fat each day, which translates to about 20 grams for most people. Don’t waste 5 of those on a few bites of ice cream!
- For those who struggle with portion control, skinny cow ice cream sandwiches are a better choice. With 3 grams of fiber, 4 grams of protein, and only 140 calories (almost half of the M&Ms), this is a much better option. For those that can have a scoop and walk away, a small carton of frozen yogurt would be a nice option. This type of treat contains live and active bacteria cultures to help regulate digestion.
3. Pork Rinds
- Healthy alternative: Pop Chips
- Pork rinds are made when the skin and fat is scraped off a pig and fried. Although typically given a bad reputation, one serving of pork rinds contains only 80 calories and 9 grams protein. 3 grams of the 5 fat grams come from heart healthy oils.
- If you’re looking for slightly healthy version of that same light crunch, pop chips are a good option. Pop chips contain all natural ingredients and an entire bag is only 100 calories with 3 grams of fat and 1 gram of fiber. They come in a variety of flavors too.
- Healthy alternative: Kashi and Think Thin Bar
- Snickers is a 280 calorie bar, with 130 of those calories coming from fat! Plus, the 30 grams of sugar will leave you hungry again within an hour or two. As you can see here, 4 grams sugar = 1 sugar packet. (Kylene will bring a bag of sugar or 4 sugar packets to help visualize the quantity).
- Kashi is a better option because whole grains are used to make the product, which is why there are 6 grams of fiber in a small bar (almost 25% of the daily recommendation). This will allow you to stay full for longer. It also contains 8 grams of protein, is only 150 calories, and has only half the amount of sugar in a Snickers bar.
- The Think Thin bar is also great because it contains 10 grams protein, 4 grams of fiber and only 3 grams of sugar. The Think Thin bar is a great snack choice for diabetics because it only counts as 1 carbohydrate exchange and contains sugar alcohol instead of real sugar, allowing the body to digest it at a slower rate. For diabetics especially, it will not shoot up the blood sugar level.
5. Totino’s pizza rolls
- Healthy alternative: Amy’s pizza rolls or Kashi whole grain pizza
- Though pizza rolls are a fan favorite among kids and adults, 6 little Totino’s pizza rolls contain 210 calories, 10 grams of fat, 1 gram trans fat, and over 400 mg of sodium! They’re also full of processed ingredients and nitrates. Flip over the box and the ingredient list looks more like a novel. If your kids love the bite size treats, try Amy’s Organic Pizza Snacks with Spinach. These have 190 calories and although the fat and sodium content is only slightly
Must Have Handbags
1. Go to Daytime Bag
2. In-between bag (good for the lady who doesn’t need a lot in her purse)
3. Classic Chic black patton clutch
4. Straw clutch (fun take you everywhere this summer)
5. Special occasion bags (made specifically for Bonnie’s place)
6. The Casino bag (called royal flush)
28669 Chagrin Boulevard
Mon-Fri: 10AM – 6:00PM
Sat:10:00AM – 5:30PM