You can get a delicious brunch with a side of Gospel Music! Kevin Burger from the House of Blues in Cleveland joined David in the kitchen with a sampling of their delicious menu!
The Gospel Brunch is happening this Sunday, September 14th, at the House of Blues!
The Hilarities stage belongs to Pete Correale this weekend! Click on our video clips to watch his funny interview with Natalie. You can catch Pete at Hilarities on East 4th Street tonight through Sunday, September 14th.
Jet Express to the Brown’s Game
Did you know you can take a boat ride to the Brown’s Game? Rick Novak, Executive Director of the Lorain Port Authority, joined us with more information! You can board at Black River Landing in Lorain – it costs $35 a person. The Jet Express departs at 10:30am.
Check their website for the full schedule: www.lorainportauthority.com
Nuevo Modern Mexican
It’s everything you love about Mexican food – with a twist! We went inside Nuevo Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar.
Nuevo is one of the 19 bars and restaurants participating in Downtown Akron’s Restaurant Week. What does that mean? Each restaurant is offering some sort of special deal or menu until Saturday, September 13th!
Moss at the Movies
David gave you the scoop on the biggest hits of the Toronto Film Festival!
- Men, Women and Children
- The Imitation Game
- St. Vincent
- The Drop
- The Theory of Everything
- The Equalizer
How to Get a Good Night’s Sleep
What’s keeping you up at night? Here to help you get a good night’s sleep was Dr. Michael Decker from Case Western Reserve University. Here’s some of his suggestions:
- Be sure you’re in a soothing, tranquil room without clutter. You want it to promote a sense of safety.
- Keep your bedroom as dark as possible. Our brain senses any light and will begin to rev up your system.
- Keep it quiet – “new” noise can wake you up. Often people like sound machines, ceiling fans, or low-level background noise to protect against any irregular or new noises.
- Temperatures above 74 degrees or below 54 degrees can disrupt sleep.
- A comfortable mattress is important! There is no one size fits all – you will need to find your comfort level.
Root Candles: Fall Fragrance
Imagine your living room smelling like pumpkin, apples, or sweet potato pie! Root Candles stopped by to fill the studio with delicious fall scents. Take a look at our video clip!
Your Health Today
It’s a challenge every parent must face – potty training! Dr. Jeffrey Donohoe from the Cleveland Clinic stopped by with tips for parents.
New Day Cleveland’s Weekend Planner
The Summer Movie Series
- Playhouse Square
- Showing: “Draft Day”
- Friday, September 12th
- Movies begin at 8:30pm
- Showing: Monsters University
- Impett Park
- 3702 West 153rd Street, Kamm’s Corners
- Fun begins at 6:30p
- Movie begins at dusk
Cleveland One World Festival
- September 13th: 1-9pm
- September 14th: 1-7pm
- Cleveland Cultural Gardens in Rockefeller Park