Hollywood and Dine
David got recipe tips from Superman himself, Henry Cavill! While on assignment to check out the latest Superman film, “Man of Steel,” David borrowed Henry’s recipe for Fried Mozzerella – check out our video clip for the interview and cooking demo!
Dr. Bob: Men’s Health
Ladies, you know that men need our help to stay healthy! We welcomed back Natural Health Doctor and Chiropractor, Dr. Bob DeMaria. Dr. Bob explained how knowing your “numbers” can help you stay healthy and even save money!
- Know your fat percentage.
- HA1C Glucose on RBC – This is a blood sugar marker for diamen and women do not want an elevated number. The companies paying for insurance may increase your rates if your number is high.
- Waist line – The current accepted standard of maximum limits is 40 inches for men and 35 inches for women.
Best Buy Father’s Day Gifts
Celebrate Father’s Day by getting Dad a gift he’ll love and actually use. We welcomed Vinnie Pezzulo from Best Buy with the latest Dad-approved gadgets!
- Bluetooth Speaker Clip – If your Dad’s car does not have Bluetooth/hands free, the Bluetooth Speaker Clip will help!
- Fit Bit – Track your fitness activity for the day. It monitors the number of steps, distance, and calories that you burned and updates wirelessly to your computer or phone. (Size of a belt clip).
- Jawbone Up – This bracelet allows you to see your sleep pattern, your activity throughout the day, and logs the food you eat. It links to your phone and will give you alerts (via text messages) if you are not on pace for the goals of the day.
- Jawbone Jambox – This speaker is perfect for on-the-go! It has an 8 hour battery, connects wirelessly to any smart phone, and has great sound.
- iGrill – Imagine cooking the perfect steak! iGrill has a meat thermometer and will measure the temperature of your meat and send you a text message when it’s done!
Hollos Paper Craft
All this week, we are taking a trip down Route 42 in Brunswick and stopping at some must-see places! Today, if you like a bargain, you should take a tirp to Hollo’s Paper Craft!
Looking for a fun family activity for Father’s Day weekend? Progressive Field is the place to be! Assistant Director of Communications, Anne Keegan, was in to talk about the exciting promotions happening for the Indians 9-game home-stand! We are talking Rally Alleys, Dollar Dog Nights, Fireworks, Hall of Fame Inductions, T-Shirt giveaways, Puppypalooza’s, and Kid’s Fun Days!
Visit their website to check out the schedule!
Celebrate summer by putting your coffee on ice! Paul Sykes, Owner of Cravings joined us with some easy tips to getting a perfect Iced Coffee. Check out our video clip for how-to instructions!
Salad Bar No-No’s
Just because your at the salad bar, doesn’t mean your eating healthy. Dr. Michael Deucher from Southwest General gave us a couple foods to watch out for:
- Croutons – typically filled with artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives – considered “empty calories.”
- Sun-dried tomatoes – what you’re really adding to your salad is a ton of sodium. Opt for fresh tomatoes instead.
- Candied nuts – drenched in simple syrups, they are filled with fat, sodium, and artificial colors and flavors. Opt for unsalted, plain nuts like walnuts or almonds that contain healthy fats.
- Tortilla Chips or Wonton noodles – extra calories, sodium, and trans fat (often fried in oil.) Instead, get your crunch by adding peppers or carrots.
- Shredded cheese – a sprinkle won’t hurt you, but adding half a cup or more can have more calories that large serving of fries from McDonald’s! The key is portion control.
Pump up your next backyard party! We popped into Bed, Bath, and Beyond to check out what’s hot in outdoor entertaining!