Euclid Fish Holidays
We kicked off the show in the kitchen with Terrie Young from Euclid Fish! Check out our video clip for her easy fish recipe and even some stocking stuffer ideas.
Last Minute Holiday Decor
Good news – if you haven’t decorated for the Holidays yet, there’s still time! Here with some super easy last minute ideas was Gregg Lauck from The Greenhouse. Take a look at our video clip to see his easy tricks and tips.
1. Christmas bulbs in various glass containers set on a charger.
2. A large lantern filled Christmas bulbs and decorated with fresh greens and a bow
3. Outdoor urns filled with Christmas greens, cones, bulbs, birch branches, etc
4. Footed cake plate with an assortment of pillar candles and berries
5. Candy canes attached to pillar candles tied with ribbon.
6. Champagne bottles/wine bottles with ribbons and simple silk stems coming out of tops of bottles.
7. Candy canes attached to a container tied with a ribbon with a fresh arrangement.
8. Various sizes and shapes of Christmas bulbs on long streamers all bunched together.
9. Poinsettia dressed to the nines, with cedar, twigs, fancy ribbon, etc
If you’re a Chelsea Lately fan, you may know this guy! We welcomed Ohio native, John Caparulo to the studio! John will be at Hilarities tonight through Sunday, December 22nd.
Moss at the Movies
It’s a triple feature! David took us behind the scenes of three brand new movies arriving this Holiday season.
Anchorman 2: www.anchormanmovie.com
American Hustle: www.americanhustle-movie.com
August: Osage County: www.augustosagecountyfilm.com
Chicago The Musical
From the big screen to the big stage! Natalie had the chance to be a part of Chicago The Musical. She took us behind the scenes!
Chicago The Musical comes to Cleveland January 7th through January 12th! Why wait to get your tickets – they are on sale now starting at $10!
On Wednesday, January 8th, Natalie will reprise her role from Broadway! She’ll be on stage in Cleveland and you can be there to witness her acting!
For tickets: 216-241-6000
Coping with Holiday Stress
Buying gifts. Cooking dinner. Entertaining the relatives. As much as we love the Holidays it can be a very stressful time of year! Here to help us cope with it all was Dr. Scott Bea from The Cleveland Clinic.
- Many people stress about family issues or conflicts during the holidays – especially when things are unresolved. Dr. Bea suggests in the interest of having a celebratory time, keep expectations low and don’t try solve everything during the holidays.
- He also says going back home can lead to regression, for example parents acting like adult children are still kids, etc
- For those dealing with loss or sadness during the holidays, he says sometimes just being communicative about that can help – especially if others are expecting you to be celebratory
- He also suggests if traditions trigger painful memories, try starting new ones to create a fresh start
- For those stressing about money, Dr. Bea suggests letting others know you are on a budget and setting expectations so you don’t feel pressured to overspend
Holiday Gifts for Men
We here the complaints all the time. Men are impossible to shop for! Well, we sent our Rachel Stephens on a hunt to track down the perfect gift for any man.
We saved the best for last! Mike Jamison from Perkins stopped by with the best desserts for your Holiday parties. Perkins Restaurant & Bakery has fresh-baked gifts for everyone on your list this holiday season and can provide all your holiday bakery needs for parties, family meals and client gifts. We’re talking fresh-baked goodies like Apple Cinnamon or Cranberry Orange loaves, macaroons and scrumptious cookies.