You can still throw the best backyard party of the summer! Terrie Young from Euclid Fish joined us to put together a shrimp boil. Take a look at our video clip for step-by-step instructions!
This weekend at Hilarities, the stage belongs to Comedian, Hal Sparks! You can catch Hal on East 4th Street tonight through Sunday.
Cirque du Soleil
If you’re looking for another great event happening downtown, head to the Wolstein Center! Cirque du Soleil: “Varekai” is in town through the weekend. Amazing acrobatics is just the beginning of what this show has to offer – we checked it out behind the scenes.
Cirque du Soleil: “Varekai” is at the Wolstein Center through Sunday, August 10, 2014.
It only takes a few minutes on the Internet and you can book your next getaway, but there’s a better reason to pick up the phone to do it. Natalie sat down with Angie McClure from Canary Travel to talk about the benefits of a travel agency.
- No Fees
- Flight Cancellation help
- Group Travel
- Comparison shopping
- Research on destination cities
David learned a quick and easy way to pickle any vegetable or fruit! Kelli Hanley Potts from the Agrarian Collective joined him in the kitchen – take a look at our video clip!
Some of Kelli’s Tips:
- Use Kosher or Pickling salt as other salt contains iodine, added minerals, or cracking agents that will make your pickles bitter and your brine cloudy
- Sea salt should be avoided as well because of the naturally occurring minerals- great for cooking bad for pickling!
- The brine is the liquid that the vegetables “marinate” in to become our favorite treats
- The bulk of the brine will be vinegar (acidic) which will help preserve the vegetables and kill harmful bacteria
- The brine will often contain sugar, spices, salt and water- though not always
- Substitute vinegars is fine but will alter the flavor of the pickle for the quick pickle- this is far more important when canning when the pH and acidity are much, much more important
Shaker Woods Festival
This weekend, more than 200 craftsmen and women from around the country will be in Northeast Ohio! Lana Grim from The Shaker Woods Festival joined us for more information.
The Shaker Woods Festival is happening August 9-10, 16-17, and 23-24th! Their address is: 44337 County Line Road, Columbiana, OH.
Motorcycles and a great cause have brought three Hollywood stars to Cleveland! David caught up with Katee Sackhoff, Gilles Marini, and Teddy Sears to learn more about the Kiehl’s LifeRide for amFAR.
Celebrating a landmark 5th anniversary, the ride brings together Kiehl’s unique 163-year-old heritage with motorcycles, its spirit of adventure and exploration, and longtime commitment to giving back to its communities, and the cause of HIV/AIDS awareness.
At this event and over the course of the ride, Kiehl’s customers will be able to join the fight against AIDS/HIV: Kiehl’s will introduce a Limited Edition Ultimate Strength Hand Salve, a jumbo size of the company’s classic formula and customer favorite. 100% of Kiehl’s net proceeds from the sale of this product, up to $25,000, will benefit amfAR.
To learn more, visit: www.Kiehls.com
PBR Blue Def Velocity Tour
Bull Riding is coming to downtown Cleveland! Brandon Davis, a Professional Bull Rider, joined David for more information about the PBR Blue Def Velocity Tour.
You can see them at the Q Arena on Saturday, August 14th, at 7pm!
Tickets are $15-65.