Cooking with Pier W
What better way to kick off the show than with great food? David met Regan Reik, Executive Chef at Pier W, in the kitchen! Watch our video clip for Regan’s tips to a perfect risotto!
If you’re looking for a hassle free vacation this summer, we’ve got the woman to call! Angie McClure was back to talk about the next viewer cruise.
New Day Cleveland Viewer Trip
NOW Jade All-Inclusive
Riviera Maya, Mexico
3 nights – $799
7 nights – $1099
Call Canary Travel to book: 216-252-1000
It seems like it’s a page out of the history books, but did you know midwives are becoming more common? We welcomed Linda Delciappo from Southwest General to explain.
1.) Let’s just jump right in and explain to us, for all the women out there who are not familiar with the term midwife, what is a midwife?
- Certified Nurse-Midwives help provide care for women at every stage of their reproductive lives, not just during pregnancy. They can help provide:
– Gynecological exams
– Preconception planning
– Prenatal care
– Labor and delivery care
– Advice on breastfeeding and infant care
– Menopause care
- During Labor and delivery, we help get women through the rough spots and support the way they want to labor—that may mean stimulating pressure points, using hot compresses or incorporating a birthing ball to ease pain and promote labor progression.
2.) Is using a midwife becoming a more popular trend?
- About eight percent of all births in the U.S. are attended by a CNM, most often in a hospital setting such as Southwest General.
3.) What happens if my baby goes into distress?
- This allows a woman to choose a midwife for her care while also having physicians close by in case medical intervention is needed.
- Delivering with a midwife is very safe and can be very fulfilling.
- Not everyone who uses a midwife has a natural (medication-free) birth, but it’s my job to get them to whatever point of care they choose.
Natalie was introduced to another Cleveland favorite – Antonio’s Pizza! They have great new menu items including the Sicilian Square Pizza.
Find one of their nine locations on their website: www.antoniospizza.net
One Tank Trip
Neil heads West for his latest trip to the Liberty Aviation Museum! Check out our video clip.
2013 Five Star Sensation
David was joined in the kitchen by the Chef from Hyde Park, Mike LaMarca! Mike was cooking up a delicious lobster mashed potato and filling us in on the Five Star Sensation event!
“Chef to the Stars” Wolfgang Puck is returning to Cleveland for the 2013 Five Star Sensation – a culinary extravaganza that will benefit the University Hospitals (UH) Seidman Cancer Center. This extraordinary celebration of food and wine will be held on Saturday, June 15 at 7 p.m. at Cuyahoga Community College, Eastern Campus at 4250 Richmond Road, Highland Hills, OH 44122.
Patrons will dine on the finest delicacies prepared by 35 chefs from the finest restaurants in the nation and beyond and enjoy wine served by more than 40 vintners from premier wineries from around the world.
Five Star Sensation has raised more than $14 million for the UH Seidman Cancer Center since 1987 and this year’s goal is an ambitious $2.5 million.
When you break down, you call AAA. But did you also know you can turn to them for insurance as well? Sarah Clark is the Business Development Manager at AAA Insurance. Sarah was here to shed some light on rising premiums.