This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
It’s time to mix up your spice cabinet! Here with a list of spices you should be using, but probably aren’t, was Kevin Scheuring from SpiceHound.
His must-try list:
- Smoked paprika – becoming more common but different than regular paprika.
- Sumac – this has a pleasant, tart flavor.
- Fenugreek – a very unique flavor with a hint of maple.
- Star Anise – clean, sweet anise flavor that works where many wouldn’t think to use it.
- Juniper – works well in braises and other winter comfort foods.